Wednesday, July 19, 2006

On Genius and levels of God/Being and creativity.

http://www.thomaspecora.com/mainpage.html
This is a partial interview answered a question addressed my dislike of being told. “You need to look at the work of…. (Insert contemporary artist of the moment)” I not only dislike this, I find it painful (this manifests at the front, inside my forehead). Worse of all is my inarticulate resistance. About 11mins into the interview above (free to download) between Deepak and Pecora discussing Deepak’s book How to know God and Speaking of a level 5 response to ‘God’ as being the' Creative response' Deepak says

‘All creativity whether it be in art science or technology is a quantum leap in thinking. True creativity is a discontinuity. A quantum jump from one place to another with no pattern in between otherwise its not true creativity its just innovation.’

There is more regarding the dipping into the non-local mind/field, which could be considered the domain of genius. Creativity from the deep inside out. I don't know where the tie-in is but I sense that conscious creation is both a 'who' and a 'from where' process. The waking beta brain wave state/zone seems not to be the place from which original creativity springs, I think that creative genius' in any field are in the’ zone' more often than their contemporaries. Which does not mean that they don't spend time and effort in the beta state learning and researching their craft.

Any interesting project, for some other time would be for me to intuit what types of art making are possible in what region of the spiral dynamic model( and why) because there are few things that will motivate me faster than anything that enables me to paint better paintings or take better photographs.