Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Distributed through the body

I used to believe that I had a good idea of what I knew. Because of the assignments, I realised my understanding of some concepts were rather sketchy. For instance the phrase ‘the mind is distributed throughout the body’ (page 137) when I paused to think about it I realised I was still placing the mind, ‘within’ the brain. My intellectual understanding is superficial or incomplete in areas .My practise reflects that. ‘Camouflage’ is an area where my intellectual understanding needs to be tweaked up a number of rungs.Session 19 is one where I have had to change a few words and use ‘sea of data in places. When I took a nap this afternoon I asked for a term more suited to me so that I can better understand what the physical sense of sight is doing and with ‘what’ and what the sight sense is incapable of seeing (or translating into sight).